Geek Reads

Geek Reads

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Learning from Nate Berkus

One word. Oprah.

Either you love her or you don't. Either you listen to her or you tune out. But at the very least & with regards to her guests on the show, you should listen to them.

Chicago's own, Nate Berkus is one such person.

Unlike my other fave, design doctor, Thom Filicia from Queer Eye & his own show, Dress My Nest, which finally we have here, Nate's sense of design & style is self taught. He was thrust into the spotlight in 2002 when he guested on Oprah & since then has been giving home styling tips. He currently has his own show on Oprah's O.W.N network.

But this book which I got & also gave as a bday gift for a friend will most certainly give you tips on how to make you home a better one. This coffeetable book has lotsa great pictures which I know you will love & wouldn't mind incorporating into your own houses. From tackling each room what you need it for to little addendums to personalize your space, Nate's own rules for making your space should be heeded. And with my own house project coming up in the month, I know I am guided with these 2 Masters, Nate & Thom to keep me inspired & happy. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment